Selling your home? You would be wise to invest in an appraisal. An appraisal doesn’t cost that much and it pays in the long run! Unless a homeowner spends hours every week on real estate valuation, like an appraiser, it’s difficult for them to get a handle on real estate market forces.
You’re probably, as a homeowner, focused on the costs of purchasing and upgrading your home, or the amount you’d like to get for it. You see, an appraisal assesses your home’s market value. At the end of the day, your house is only going to sell for what another person is offering to pay.
Need help setting a price when selling yourself?
More and more Ohio homeowners are making the decision to sell their homes FSBO (For Sale By Owner) and foregoing the assistance of a real estate agent. But if you’re going to do it right, with minimal waiting and for the best price, what you need is a professional appraisal. It can be very difficult to get an objective opinion, we’re human too, we understand its difficult hard to be objective about your own home because of your emotional attachment to it. We will explain to you what you need to know, not just what you want to hear.
Not only will getting a professional appraisal help you set a sensible asking price so your home will attract buyers, a professional appraisal can:
- Be a very helpful bargaining tool while speaking with a potential buyer
- Put buyers at ease with written proof of the condition of your home’s interior and exterior
- Make you aware of issues and get rid of any overlooked repairs hassles that might hold-up a closing
- Prevent the possibility of unknown problems that cause sales to deteriorate
It can be surprising to people to discover their home’s value is more than they originally believed. So investing in an appraisal provided the data to support a sale for several thousand more than they originally thought. Others have an an exaggerated opinion of the value of their home, and by getting an appraisal it helped them to to realistically price their home in order for it to sell quickly – rather than waiting on the market for months. Asking too much for a home causes buyers to back off, reducing your offers, making closing more difficult, wasting valuable time, money, and efforts.
Pre-listing appraisals in Cuyahoga County
You may have a highly skilled agent, but it’s definitely a good idea to have an objective third-party’s opinion of value prior to finalizing a listing contract. Let Appraisal Keys, Inc help. An appraisal can be indispensable in this scenario. You and your agent will get a detailed description for the unique features of your property which will give you insight into the health of the local real estate market with a record of recent comparable properties in the area.
We also are available for general consulting
Not sure if you need an entire appraisal but would like some information about how the real estate market is doing in your area? We can help solve your real estate quandaries with services especially tailored for consumers with your real estate needs.
If you’re curious what you’ll be getting from Appraisal Keys, Inc when ordering an appraisal just take a look….
- We take great pride in making sure that when you send your initial inquiry, you get a response ASAP: We will provide you with personalized information for your particular appraisal need. We’ll be more then happy to offer suggestions – just tell us what your situation is.
- Swift turnaround time: Typically one week or less from the date we receive the request, you’ll have a PDF ready for you to download from our site or in your e-mail.
- Appraisal and consulting report presentations to suit YOUR needs: When dealing with appraisal and consulting, one size does NOT fit all. We offer quite a few different types of reports and have know how at providing appraisals to clients that keep the industry jargon to a minimum so that you don’t have to be real estate attorney to read it.
- Fast response to follow-up questions: Reports we write are clearly written, comprehensible to people outside the real estate industry, and meet or exceed the Uniform Standards of Professional Practice that regulates the appraisal practice. Should you have any questions concerning your appraisal once you’ve read through the report, feel free to give us a call or email us!